A couple posts ago I wrote about some of my favorite secrets to keep things picked up and organized on a daily basis. Here are a few more that have helped me over the years. . .
1. Keep like things together so they are easy to find and easy to put away.
2. Pick up as you go along with whatever you are doing so it is not a big chore that takes a long time to accomplish. I especially like to do this when I am cooking. I wash and put away dishes while I am cooking because then I don't have a huge mess to clean-up at the end. A big mess to deal with at the end is an overwhelming feeling!! Along with this idea, put ingredients away after you use them. Instead of setting them on the counter, just put them away where they belong!! When everything is stored in one location, it is very simple to put them away after you have used them. Yeah!! Job done!!
3. When you put clothes away in drawers, put the fold up, forward facing, or roll the clothing. Put the fold forward on shelves. This makes it easy to see everything. When you take something out or put something away, it doesn't mess up all the clothing around it.
4. I don't know about you, but I do not love folding laundry. And I really don't love folding a whole lot of laundry. Fold each load of laundry as soon as you take it out of the dryer!! I have automatic spots I take each load and fold it as soon as it is out of the dryer. I am done folding in no time at all and it is easy to put away!
5. Putting the fold forward in linen closets is a great idea. It looks organized and streamlined!!
6. If you don't have a place to put things away, create one. . .
A storage bench or an ottoman with storage is another great option for creating more storage space. I have all my sewing supplies in a storage bench, that sits in front of a sofa in my study/work room. Of course, all the supplies are organized into tubs and caddies that are labeled and were measured to get maximum use out of the space in the bench/ottoman. I have easy access to everything, supplies are labeled, and I love having an organized and easily accessible place for those supplies.
7. There are always days when there just is not enough time to stay on top of things. Whenever I have days like that and they do regularly occur... whatever I pick up while I am on my way to another room; I say to myself. . "Well, that's one less thing I have to put away!!" and I celebrate my one simple act!!
For one of the most comprehensive articles we have ever seen on the best tips and products for cleaning go to Jen's Reviews. She has done remarkable research to help answer any questions you have and lead you in the right direction. Her article is called "The Best Cleaning Products For Every Situation". You can find her article here.
There is great peace in knowing...
even in simple things!!!!