It's vacation time soon and we want to help you make your home secure while you are gone! A vulnerable place in our homes can be the garage! We put deadbolts on our doors but have you thought about making your garage more secure from break-ins?
The Family Handyman has some great suggestions on how to do that!
1. Did you know it could be this simple to get into your home through your garage?
A gap is created to insert a wire and fish for the release. This idea shows you how to make a shield to prevent the release being accessible.
2. Physically lock on your door with a padlock.
This idea shows you where to drill a hole in the garage door track to stop break-ins.
3. Here are 5 simple safety precautions The Family Handyman suggests. Easy things we often overlook or get casual about.
4. Never leave your keys, clicker, or wallet in your vehicle, even when you are home.
We have friends who did that and their garage was broken into. Leaving those items in their vehicle sure complicated their lives!!
5. Switch your exterior light to motion sensor lights.
6. Cover your garage windows with blinds, shades, or translucent window film that lets light in but keeps those outside from seeing all your tools, bikes, and other valuables in your garage.
Here is a link to translucent window film on Amazon.