Before summer gets into full-swing mode, here is one more post giving you ideas for how to step your yard up a notch to provide summer fun for family and friends.
Don't you love extending your living space outside your home by making your yard as liveable as the inside of your home? I have gathered 7 ideas to help you do exactly that!!
- I love the special area to eat meals and spend time together!
- I love relaxing in the shade under the clear blue skies, listening to the birds with a book in my hand!
- I love creating places of adventures for all the children to let their imaginations soar. I want my home and backyard to be where they want to gather!!
- I love being a part of the planting process and have pots around our deck filled with flowers that remind me of how beautiful this earth is with all its variety!
- I love having several gathering areas in our yard and the addition of a fire pit makes it even more perfect!! We love roasting hot dogs and making s'mores. It is a guaranteed smile maker!!
- I love having comfortable places to sit, gather, talk and laugh!! I want comfortable gathering areas we are drawn to!!
- I love to simplify that lawn mowing process and make it easy to mow along flower beds!!
I hope these 7 ideas do exactly those things in your yard with DIY's that are not difficult! Read on and I hope these help set your heart on fire for gatherings with family and friends all summer long!!
1. Take your outdoor eating area to a new level with a canopy!! FUN!!
2. Enjoy shade instead of the blazing sun!! What a difference shade makes!! Make a retractible awning!!
3. What backyard wouldn't be improved by this playhouse and some adventurous kids?
4. The perfect potting station!!!
5. A Very Doable Fire pit!!
6. Need extra seating that fits into your budget? Build this!!
7. A perfect edge for your flower beds that makes mowing easier!! Love the flat surface of stones for the lawn mower wheel to follow!!
Our homes are the places we gather, build bonds of love, and enjoy spending time together. I have always loved creating a home where others love to gather. We hold those memories forever. We loved building our deck with a gazebo and table as one of those gathering spots. I couldn't even count the parties we have had there. We created a place to play basketball, ride roller racers and scooters, play hopscotch or four square with the help of some sidewalk chalk. Our waterfall adds a peaceful touch!
And these ideas have given me inspiration for the areas we still need to tackle and bring the welcoming environment we hope to create. We hope it does the same for you with enough time to get them done and enjoy the fun of summertime!!
It is always nice to remember and smile because. . .
In case you have plans to bring extended family all together, I searched for some free printables to help you out with that below. . .
planning a family reunion? Here's some free printable planning pages you might be interested in!!!
In a previous post we linked you to free printables for Party Planning. Go here to get them!!
Happy planning for summer fun!!