I don't know about you but it very appealing to me to use natural ingredients. There is just something about going back to basics that feels right.
What can be more basic than using salt, baking soda, and vinegar to get things done around the home and for yourself?
Let's start with the first staple we have in our homes - SALT:
The link below has 20 uses for salt like:
- Pick up a dropped egg. If an egg breaks on the kitchen floor, sprinkle salt on the mess and leave it there for 20 minutes. You'll be able to wipe it right up.
- Kill grass growing in cracks in the cement or between patio stones. Sprinkle salt on the grass and pour very hot water over it. Or sprinkle coarse salt on the grass, let stand all day or overnight, then pour hot tap water over it.
- Clean a cutting board. Cover it with bleach and salt, scrub it with a stiff brush, then rinse with very hot water and wipe with a clean cloth. Repeat with each use.
- Make cream whip more easily and egg whites whip faster and higher. Add a pinch of salt.
- Click on the link below to see all 20. It's kinda fun and interesting!!
Find the uses here from the Today show.
Staple # 2 is Baking Soda!!
Dr. Axe gives us uses for skin, hair, teeth natural remedies, and our home!!
WOW!! I know Baking Soda works magic, but I had no idea I could do this much with it!! Just think of all the things we could get rid of and save our money on by using baking soda!!
These charts are from Dr. Axe. To read all his great information on the uses of baking soda go here.
The 3rd magic staple we all have in our homes is VINEGAR!!
On the Anytime Fitness Blog they list:
"9 WAYS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WILL IMPROVE YOUR LIFE"
tHIS IS WHAT THEY SAy:
By taking the time to figure out what natural ingredients and recipes will work best for you, a lot of money will be saved by using that instead of commercial and chemical filled supplies. That seems like a great idea to me. These charts make it simple.
We can help the environment and our budgets by doing a little research and finding a few cleaning, beauty, and health recipes that work for us and using those instead.
Put the recipe on the bottle you have mixed up, what you use it for and you are set for the future also!! We can create a simple system and simplify our lives in the process!!
Thanks for reading our blog!! Let us know how we can help you out in other ways!!